How would you handle a crisis in social media?
Our simulation software and social media crisis role-play help agencies and clients put their teams through their paces.
The Social Simulator is a hands-on, private environment to practice using the language, tools and norms of the social web for social media PR and crisis response.
Test an experienced team in a crisis with our secure, web-based platform and social media role-players.
Facilitated, step-by-step training for larger teams or those with less experience of SM crisis handling.
Partnering with us
Integrate our Simulator or facilitated training as part of your own branded client work.
"Thanks so much for your work this morning! It was great to have you there and the online platform certainly added a lot of realism and additional pressure for the teams." -- Agency partner
- Does tragedy overshare in the social media age? - GQ.COM (UK) July 21, 2014
- BBC News - #BBCtrending: How it trended - the MH17 blame game July 19, 2014
- Primark 'sweatshop cry for help' labels a hoax says high street fashion chain - Mirror Online June 28, 2014
- OpenWonga June 25, 2014
- Delta Air Lines Loses the World Cup: What Do Giraffes Have To Do With Ghana? | Fast Company | Business + Innovation June 18, 2014
- 19 horrific social media fails from the first half of 2014 | Econsultancy June 17, 2014
- TfL and Environment Agency advise on using Twitter in a crisis - IT Analysis from V3.co.uk June 11, 2014
- Vauxhall England Twitter blunder reveals squad’s passport numbers to all and sundry | The Drum June 5, 2014
- Terrible Apologies May 22, 2014
- How Instagram Became the Best Crisis PR - The Cut May 22, 2014