How would you handle a crisis in social media?
Our simulation software and social media crisis role-play help agencies and clients put their teams through their paces.
The Social Simulator is a hands-on, private environment to practice using the language, tools and norms of the social web for social media PR and crisis response.
Test an experienced team in a crisis with our secure, web-based platform and social media role-players.
Facilitated, step-by-step training for larger teams or those with less experience of SM crisis handling.
Partnering with us
Integrate our Simulator or facilitated training as part of your own branded client work.
"Thanks so much for your work this morning! It was great to have you there and the online platform certainly added a lot of realism and additional pressure for the teams." -- Agency partner
- Crisis management insights from horse meat: one year on - Insignia Communications March 6, 2014
- Majority of UK Digital Retailers Now Tweet Back - eMarketer March 3, 2014
- Ukrainian Activists Work to Counter Russian Narrative on Social Networks - NYTimes.com March 3, 2014
- An executive's nasty LinkedIn rebuff to a recent college grad backfires | Heather Long | Comment is free | theguardian.com March 2, 2014
- NHS boss apologises for tweeting link to Hitler spoof video - Politics - News - London Evening Standard February 28, 2014
- Social Media and Unrest in Ukraine - SocialTimes February 22, 2014
- “Absolute arseholes” and “idiots”: UoN lecturer slams students and University on public Facebook profile ‹ Impact Magazine February 19, 2014
- RNC Boycotts MSNBC After Tweet About Conservatives - Business Insider January 30, 2014
- Verification Handbook: homepage January 29, 2014
- 10 Employees Who Caused Companies and Their PR Firms a Lot of Aggravation | Ronn Torossian January 13, 2014